Waiting to Adopt
Ah, the emotions that go with adopting. Trust me the emotions you are going through are not unusual. For me, we tried to get pregnant for about five years before starting the adoption process. That included about 4 years of various fertility treatments which also did not work. The medical reason... Unknown. In the back of my head, I knew that we were meant to be parents. God would not put the desire in ones mind if he did not intend that route for them. I have a very strong faith in God and believe that His plan is perfect. Even if that plan meant I could not get pregnant. I was fortunate to have had several friends over time that were adopted so the idea was not strange for me. I think a lot of people struggle with the idea that they would be raising someone else’s child. So what! My children have different genes then me. For my family, if I didn't say anything, no one would ever know and I even often forget that fact.
I also believe that we are all placed in this world at a specific time in a specific home to become the people that God intends us to be. Think about all the people that you have met over the years and the influence that they have had on who you are; your personality, your goals in life and so much more. These traits are really determined by what you have been exposed to in your life; Some good things, some bad. God is the potter and we are the clay. He molds us over time through our experiences. Now think of that precious little baby that is just waiting for you. However, God knows that this little baby can’t come to you too soon because then he or she would not meet all the people and have all the experiences that they are intended to have. They must arrive at just the right time. I know that the two little ones that we have been blessed with are part of God’s perfect plan. It is our influence as well as others that creates the person that each of our children will become.
Once we finished our paperwork for the adoption process and made it on the list of perspective adoptive parents, I felt a flood of relief. I knew that I had done everything that I could. We only had to wait on God's timing. Don't get me wrong, there were moments of sadness, but overall, I knew that it was just a matter of time. And now that we are years into raising our children, I can already see how their little life experiences are already molding them. How their personalities differ because of the different experiences that they have had to this point. It is truly a beautiful thing to watch unfold.
I also believe that we are all placed in this world at a specific time in a specific home to become the people that God intends us to be. Think about all the people that you have met over the years and the influence that they have had on who you are; your personality, your goals in life and so much more. These traits are really determined by what you have been exposed to in your life; Some good things, some bad. God is the potter and we are the clay. He molds us over time through our experiences. Now think of that precious little baby that is just waiting for you. However, God knows that this little baby can’t come to you too soon because then he or she would not meet all the people and have all the experiences that they are intended to have. They must arrive at just the right time. I know that the two little ones that we have been blessed with are part of God’s perfect plan. It is our influence as well as others that creates the person that each of our children will become.
Once we finished our paperwork for the adoption process and made it on the list of perspective adoptive parents, I felt a flood of relief. I knew that I had done everything that I could. We only had to wait on God's timing. Don't get me wrong, there were moments of sadness, but overall, I knew that it was just a matter of time. And now that we are years into raising our children, I can already see how their little life experiences are already molding them. How their personalities differ because of the different experiences that they have had to this point. It is truly a beautiful thing to watch unfold.
Comments
Post a Comment